John Eshun denied state burial because he hasn’t won any national award

Former Black Stars captain, John Eshun has been denied a state burial after Government through the Ministry of Youth and Sports earlier on stated he will be given a befitting burial by the state.

 

The former Sekondi Hasaacas and Eleven Wise player died on Tuesday, November 6th, 2018 in his house at Kojokrom, a suburb in Takoradi was said to be one of the successful footballers of the western region and for that matter the office of the President has directed the ministry of youth and sport to honor him in that regard.

A deep throat source on the corridors of power has hinted Spicefmonline.com that, the former Black Stars player John Eshun has been denied the said state burial after a seven Member Committee set up to plan the final funeral rites sent a budget to Accra for approval.

Checks done by Spicefmonline.com is that John Eshun was denied the state burial because he hasn’t won any national award for the state.

Meanwhile the Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolitan Assembly (STMA) who was charged by the Sports ministry to spearhead the preparation towards the final funeral rites of the late footballer are yet to comment on the issue.

Eshun played at the 1968 and 1972 Summer Olympics.

The defender played in two Africa Cup of Nations finals in 1968 and 1970.

Eshun was technical director at Ebusua Dwarfs and was one-time in-charge of Berekum Arsenal.

By Francis Hema

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0