Liverpool will be hoping to continue their fine start to the season when they travel to play Tottenham Hotspur in week five of the 2018-2019 season of the Premier League after winning all four games and conceding just a single goal in the process.
Tottenham Hotspurs were shocked by inform Watford at the Vicarage road in their week four clash and will love to bounce back to winning ways when they host Liverpool in week five.
Spurs received a boost as Son Heung-min joined his team mates after helping his country win gold at the Asian Games.
Jurgen Klopp heaped praises on the Tottenham Hotspur team and said the fact that they will lose key players doesn’t make the clash an easy one because they can replace every single player with a good player in the set up when injured.
“You go through the line-up of Tottenham and realise they can replace even Dele Alli and [Hugo] Lloris.
“They will be a really strong side and no I don’t think it’s the perfect time to play Tottenham.” Kloop said.
- Tottenham’s solitary win in their 11 most recent Premier League games against Liverpool was a 4-1 victory at Wembley last season.
- The only time the Reds have failed to score in their last 12 league matches against Spurs was in Jurgen Klopp’s first game in charge back in October 2015.
- A Spurs win would equal their highest tally of 12 points after five matches of a Premier League season.
- Tottenham could lose consecutive league games for the first time since their final two fixtures of the 2015-16 season.
- They are aiming to win their opening five games of a top-flight season for only the third time, having done so in 1978-79 and 1990-91.
- Including the final game of last season, Liverpool have won their last five league matches. The last time they won six in succession was during a club record 11-game run in April 2014 under Brendan Rodgers.
Where to follow the game
You can listen to live commentary on Spice 91.9 FM or follow live update on our social media handles; Facebook – Spice 91.9 FM and on Twitter – @Spice919FM
Story by Francis Hema| Spice Sports|