2018-2019 season of the Premier League enters into week 4 with Liverpool travelling to Leicester to play Leicester City at the King Power Stadium.
Liverpool will be hoping to continue their 100% record to the start of the season after winning their opening three games, scoring six goals and not conceding in any of them in the process.
Leicester City will miss the services of their top striker Jamie Vardy as he still serving his suspension.
What the managers say
Leicester City manager Claude Puel on his project at Leicester: “It’s just the beginning.
“For me, a complete game is the possibility to play counter-attack, when we have to defend deep, or to play in set attack, against a strong defensive unit. We need to have a response against any opponent.”
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: “You can see Claude Puel’s work is now paying off at Leicester. They have changed the style a bit. It is good football they are playing and they are full of confidence, especially after the last result.
The midfield is really strong. Looks good, defensive line has played together for a while. Ben Chilwell is a massive player for them. Great future, looks a big talent, is a good player.”
- Liverpool ended a run of three straight defeats in all competitions away at Leicester with a 3-2 victory in September 2017.
- The Reds have won eight of their last 12 league matches against the Foxes.
- Leicester have lost their last 10 Premier League matches against sides starting the day at the top of the table, scoring just four goals and conceding 25.
- The Foxes could win their opening two home fixtures of a top-flight season for the first time since 1966.
- Liverpool have won four successive league games without conceding. The last time they enjoyed a longer such run was an eight-match streak in 2005.
- The Reds are aiming to open a season with four straight league victories for the first time since 1990.
Where to follow the game
You can listen to live commentary on Spice 91.9 FM or follow live update on our social media handles; Facebook – Spice 91.9 FM and on Twitter – @Spice919FM
Story by Francis Hema| Spice Sports|