Chelsea will host Liverpool in week 7 of the 2018-2019 Premier League. The fixture promises to be one of biggest games so far this season as the first placed team will be playing against the third placed team with both of them unbeaten in the season; they are the only unbeaten sides in the league this season aside Manchester City.
Jurgen Klopp saw his unbeaten run in all competitions broken by Chelsea in the Carabao Cup fourth round kind courtesy Eden Hazard’s second half heroics and will be hoping to revenge in the league on Saturday.
Chelsea’s Manager, Maurizio Sarri showered praises on Eden Hazard and much will be expected from him if Chelsea can win on Saturday.
“I think that he is for sure one of the best [players in the world], but I am absolutely convinced that he can improve.
“I think that we have seen only 75, 80% of his potential. He’s a genius, technically I think he’s the best. And so I want him to be the best in the world.
“He has a lot to give…and I want everything: more continuity from the physical point of view, from the mental point of view.” Sarri said.
- This is the most-played fixture in English football in the 21st century, with Chelsea and Liverpool facing each other on Saturday for the 58th time in that period.
- Chelsea could win their opening four home matches of a Premier League campaign for the first time since 2014-15 under Jose Mourinho.
- They earned 12 points from their 10 games against the other top-six sides last season. They didn’t score more than once at Stamford Bridge in any of those fixtures.
- Liverpool are attempting to win their first seven top-flight matches of a season for only the second time, having done so in 1990-91. Chelsea are the only side to achieve the feat in the Premier League, winning their opening nine games in 2005-06.
- The Reds could equal their top-flight record of four successive away victories from the beginning of a season, also set in 1990-91.
Where to follow the game
You can listen to live commentary on Spice 91.9 FM or follow live update on our social media handles; Facebook – Spice 91.9 FM and on Twitter – @Spice919FM
Story by Francis Hema| Spice Sports|