The Asokwa District court has ordered three schools to produce the ages of teenage suspects arrested following a viral video of the gang-raping of another teen at Bantama in the Ashanti region.
The order, prepared for three of the four suspects were sent to schools in Obuasi and Kumasi in the Ashanti region.
The schools, according to court documents signed by the Registrar are Mom Primary School, St. Anthony Roman Catholic Primary School and the Weweso Metropolitan Primary School.
Authorities of the named schools have one week to provide the court through the police investigators, the needed details of the suspects.
Consequently, a court session expected Wednesday did not come off. The four suspects are therefore still on remand at the juvenile cells of the Ghana Police Service.
They are likely to appear in court on January 10, 2018.
But remains unclear, why a copy of the order was not prepared for the fourth suspect.
Counsel for four teenagers, John Boamah last week told Nhyira News, he will apply for bail only after the court sits to take the plea of his clients after ascertaining their ages.
He said the court, as the guarantor of individual liberty, has the jurisdiction to decide the fate of his clients.
The Bantamahene in Kumasi, Baffuor Owusu Amankwatia VI has called for severe punishment for the teenagers to serve as a deterrent.